Saturday, February 5, 2011

London Trip & TT Ex-PCdUK v3.0 (beta)

I received a call from Bob two weeks ago telling me that he is coming to London for vacation before flies to Amsterdam for a meeting. I quickly booked flight tickets and hostel for accommodation. I spent almost €60 for everything (excluding food and traveling). Pheww, quite a lot for unemployed guy like me but as expected as the gathering date was quite imminent. I emailed and invited Fazrul, Sherini (both of them are in London), Akmal (who was in Nottingham but apparently already went back for good) and also Lord (who's currently studying in Cardiff)

I went there on 4th and got back to Dublin on 5th. The trip was not really fun as I travelled alone and I've been to London few months back before.

On day one, I visited Greenwich, Oxford Street for some window shoppings and met the guyz at Tukdin, Bayswater around 7pm.

But the first thing to do when you arrive London is to stop at KFC!! I believe every Malaysian from Dublin enjoys eating KFC as we don't have HALAL KFC in Dublin


I took Underground and DLR to Greenwich. And as aspected, Greenwich has been a very lovely place. It's a small town to live but it has The Royal Observatory as a colossal attraction.



Part of Greenwich city


Bergambar di University of Greenwich



Greenwich city from The Royal Observatory station


Well, visiting this place reminisced me studying Astronomy in Geomatic Engineering back in UTM Skudai 10 years ago. This is the place to determine and observe 0° 00' 00" Longitude from North to South Pole and the word "Greenwich Mean Time" (GMT) is named in honor of this city


Kuala Lumpur longitude degree


Meridian Line



Then I went to Oxford Street for cuci mata window shopping and sipped a cup of coffee while charging my smartphone which run out of battery juice.



Underground Train known as Tube



The hanging Macbook Air @ Apple Store

I met Bob and family around 6pm and we walked together to Tukdin to meet Fazrul. Fazrul is working at Old Street in aviation company and he lives somewhere around Hendon, London

Bob, Fazrul and me

Then lepas hantar Bob ke Picadilly Underground station, fazrul and me walked to Malaysia Hall pekena extra teh tarik while chit chat talked about life, work, marriage, friends etc


@ Malaysia Hall cafe around 9.30pm

I walked to Hyde Park Inn hostel for a bed and shower, it costed me £19 for a night with breakfast (hahaha) I laugh because the breakfast was very simple. Just a bowl of cereal and some toasts with tasteless jam

Travelers checking-in hostel

I woke up early next morning, had the terrible breakfast, checked out and straight away took tube to White City Station which placed the British Broadcasting Corporation



I did visit some charity shops tapi yg menarik semua mahal2. So I decided to go back to Baker Street Station and have my KFC meal (again!) before took bus to Stansted Airport.

Alhamdulillah I safely arrived Dublin even the rain and strong wind intervened

1 comment: